Tuesday, March 7, 2017

THE ROAD


About two years ago, after a long, long time probably, I came to visit once again my cousins in Molino, Bacoor, Cavite. They are the first caretaker of mine when I first arrived in Metro Manila for the very first time. They were still renting then an apartment somewhere in Alabang because during that period there was still scarcity of dime.
I also treasure my moments in Alabang, for in there I had my first experience in any “karnabal,” in “Big Bang.” Long before those notoriety, or popularity, your call, of those society-privileged Alabang Boys, I already called myself by that name, as the only hang-out we had in there then was the Ayala Alabang where Alabang Girls’ beauties did hoist.

Our eyes may despise unintentionally those goodfellas with a home along the “riles,” yet in there they had their rules religiously followed more in spite of having in life less. I am referring to the light wooden trolley “cab” which served as transportation mode, hired by residents and visitors of those informal settlers living beside the railroad.

At first I wondered how those “cabs” would pass each other in a single set of railway. And I saw that their rule of thumb was whichever had fewer passengers would be the one to give way. That means, when two “cabs” from opposite direction were about to face each other which would happen of course normally, the one with, say, two passengers, had to get off the “cab” that its “operator” would lift it to let the other “cab” with three persons proceed its way.

Molino is now a vastly populated area, unlike before when it was still, as my cousins put it, “probinsyang-probinsya.” I took the old route from Zapote Bacoor heading to it like what I used to take, since I didn’t know beforehand all other routes which are now more accessible and free from traffic.

Well, it happens always in our life when due to lack of knowledge sometimes we take the long and winding road, instead of the straight and narrow path, popularized by P-noy as “daang matuwid,” like the old reliable, but safer, railroad.

That’s why to my Christ as The Road, I’m always thankful, because through Him our lives now are being made simple. Imagine if we still live in the Old Testament era of burnt offering and sacrificial offering, when every time we commit iniquity and displeasure before God in heaven, we had to find lambs and cattle for the atonement of each sin?

Today, just by talking to Him even in prayer of the mind but in repentant spirit, all sins would be totally forgiven. Whether you call yourself Catholic or Non-Catholic or Muslim, He wouldn’t mind, the moment you believe in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment