Thursday, March 23, 2017

MOST WELL-BEHAVED

[Refurbished Edition: posted on March 22, 2013 at 10:17am]

Human ambition is truly amazing.  Like young love, it’s also blinding. And once ambition consumed your whole being and convinced yourself you’re not bound to fail, you’d surely move heaven and earth for it to fulfill, even to the extent of making pact with the devil.


It is said that it’s dangerous to be sincere unless you’re also stupid that’s why beware of burning ambition. All travails and unbearable pain inflicted by manand womanto human population started with sincere and good intention.


Ambition could easily destroy in an instant some principles half your life you did build up.  Look at our Veep who was omnipresent then in any anti-Marcos rally or march, but now locking arms, and lips, with Senator Enrile and Erap.


To paraphrase a cliché, tell me who his friends are, and I’ll tell you who’s Vice Jejomar.  Ambition and politics do mix when they bellow, and wheeling and dealing make strange bedfellows.


But while it may be true we can judge a book even when someone’s covering it totally or in part, yet we can’t be absolutely judgmental with any person because only God can read our mind and heart.


Like when I did underestimate my own children because of their indifference to their studies and addiction to internet games. I tried peace talks and martial law for discipline but my anger always is no match to their hugs when they’re persuading.


And this year, just when I thought they would settle for seventy-five again after final grades solution, I was shocked to receive an official invitation for their school’s day of awards and recognition.


Beaming with pride and misty-eyed as I walked up the stage, I felt guilty because I did not expect for them any recognition to receive. And as I kissed their medals so sweet, I knew for any riches on earth that award I will never trade. It’s because just when I thought they are rowdy and menace, they are instead awarded with a medal that I have never truly anticipated.


The award?  Well, of all things, it was Most Well-Behaved.  That means even in class recitation, they’re silent as the grave.

(Okay, it’s the joke for today)

No comments:

Post a Comment