Thursday, March 16, 2017

PLEASE

I could always recall my beloved Auntie Yet’s admonition to me everytime I’d be in the middle of a work I was currently doing, and other people would come over to request me to do another work for the latter without bothering to consult me first if I had a pending job or up to something:

“The problem with you, Bing, is you’re quite eager to please everybody, without minding first your own self as what they wanted at times are beyond your capacity.”

Bull’s eye! She was absolutely right, I was just then after the people’s praises even if I knew I couldn’t do it right, leaving something hanging in the balance for another thing with all my heart and with all my might.

Well, that’s human nature, our carnal self would always crave for praises wittingly or unwittingly, that’s why just to please more people in the world even those iconic Liverpool kids came up with the song “Please, please me.”

Nothing’s wrong with trying to please everybody, as being citizens of the Earth it’s our basic duty. But if we’d do it because of different purpose like to cover the skeletons we keep, it’s another story. Sometimes just to please everybody we do things beyond our capability, thus we end up instead doing harm than good and cause some animosity.

Beware of the praises of men as it was said that he who knows how to praise sure knows how to insult.  Look at the traditional politicians, their obsession with power and praises always give us negative result.

Like voting against RH Bill to please church leaders who call fathering children among their flock out of wedlock a simple indiscretion, while condemning those who are in favor as merchants of death or of evil faction and thus worthy of no less than eternal damnation.

Or, like, to please the masses, they have to learn to dance Gangnam style too when campaigning, despite their sole qualification for running is that they are political gods’ and goddesses’ siblings and offspring. Or, just to please themselves likewise, which is the scariest of all, is they’d cheat to win to steal big, not small, as if public office is winner-take-all.

And also, they would go back to their old habits right upon their assumption in office. They’d sit in the front seat of synagogues again as if they really come in peace.

And they’d shower the church and those church leaders with various offerings on Earth like Pajero and any other UV’s with similar move, forgetting that “Sacrifice and offering [God] didst not desire” for “The Earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof.” (Psalm 40:6; 24:1).

It is faith that the poor and rich are equally weighed in. For “without faith it is impossible to please Him.” (Hebrews 11:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment