Monday, November 28, 2016

GRACE AND MASERATI


[Memories on November 29, 2014 at 4:31pm]

I agree with Lourd de Veyra, “ang babae ay parang Cubao, may ibabaw, may ilalim.” Allow me to add, “mababaw na mahirap maintindihan, malalim na mahirap intindihin.”

But to understand people we need better judgment always. And better judgment comes not from the brain but God’s grace.

Sometimes I feel like stupid especially if I commit some lapses due to a very poor judgment. It’s when I realize I could have avoided such miscues had I been a little more intelligent. However, I understand too that all human beings in one way or another would commit blunders in their lifetime intentionally or otherwise. It’s because a human who is born of a woman is prone to errors and mistakes even if he or she is a creature most healthy, wealthy and wise.

Look what happened to Philip Morris recruitment executive Mr. Robert Blair Carabuena who drove a Volvo and arrogantly slapped MMDA enforcer Mr. Cabros. I never had a doubt Carabuena regretted what he did because he bit off more than he could chew and carried out that blunder despite his rich boy status.

I was so envious and at the same time so angry of Mr. Carabuena’s “lapse in judgment” or his act of committing that boo-boo. Yeah, I was angry, not in his person though, but in the fact that he was driving a Volvo thus belying other people’s claim that he was a “bobo.”

And now this, just lately, there’s another motorist in the news who allegedly manhandled another traffic enforcer of the MMDA. And this no ordinary motorist again was driving another luxury car which is at par if not more expensive than Volvo probably.

I’m so sorry, boys, but I’m angry again, yet again I’m angry not at the person of a certain Joseph Russel Ingco but at his having a Maserati. How contrasting lives we have because my lone vehicle is an old Honda bike borrowed from my father-in-law which I expect sooner or later, “masisira parati.”

But, that anger and envy would just pass by my heart only and just quickly slip away. By God’s grace, I would realize that that despicable attitude should not a minute stay. That’s why I’m thankful I have accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior because He gave me His grace. Otherwise, it is most likely that I would carry such bad attitude to myself all the way to the grave.


Along with His mercy, it’s God’s grace that taught my heart to fear. The same grace that will sustain my faith always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment