Monday, November 21, 2016

ANOTHER BOY STORY


(Refreshing memories on November 21, 2011 at 12:46pm)

There was once a cute little boy born in Kirayan. He was given by his late uncle of a name equivalent to a chance of a Chinaman. He was naughtier then than Dennis The Menace. With him as playmate, it was impossible to obtain peace.

My first scary experience with him was when we both pumped their jetmatic together, then all of a sudden the handle kicked back and its end hit my eye cover. When blood dripped down my left eye, we both cowered in fear and both did cry.

I was always present in their house especially every April Fourteen and November Twenty. For only on those dates I could have my cake and eat it too for free. As they were the third household to have a TV in our Barangay history, I was also in a long queue of ‘scented’ kids at the door to be let in at his mercy.

When I had my first and only basketball team to manage and coach, he was my one-man wrecking crew and the first live creature to call me ‘Boss.’ When our team lost a chance for the first and final stab at glory, he saw me in tears as I swam out to sea. I knew he was relieved when I swam back to the shore. But he never knew I was thinking then of Jaws which swallow swimmers after crushing them to the core.

We separated ways only when I joined in the world, while he chose ‘daang matuwid’ and followed his God’s Word. We were reunited only when he caused my comeback, through his requested illustration of the KBC gang just for laughs.

That was the beginning of love for the thrill that I feel when I get together with God’s wonderful people. Especially when those kind of people would be no other than KBC’s magnificent young people.

I suspected one time we were weaned together, for our eyes and hearts seemed to have been shaped with the same Molder. As when we’re on our way then to Nikkosland and pointed to him my chosen one, I found out later to my horror that the one I chose turned out later as his Queen Swan.

When on the stage, there were beauties in parade, he was like a mirror-mirror-on-the-wall as he said:

“Take your pick, Boss, and chase your glory.” But the one I’d chosen again was at the time his one-and-only.

From my first class in SB to my cross-enrolment in UP for my Masters of None, he was a reluctant co-designer of all my best laid plans.  Thus, when all things crumbled like a fallen lego, we did stick to each other as we were each other’s alter ego.

But since some good things truly would never last, we separated again to seek each other’s grass. 

It’s November 21 here but November 20 somewhere.

In your special day today I wish you blessings prime. No other than God’s love and care---See you in another best time.



No comments:

Post a Comment