Wednesday, November 9, 2016

GO TELL



Yesterday, I believed the Beatles when they did say: “Hey, you’ve got to hide your love away.” I’m sorry, but not now. I have to tell somehow.

For the whole week last week I made my personal historic visit in Mactan, just exactly like did Magellan. But unlike his purpose, mine was official and mandatory one, not to “Christianize” them everyone. Excuse me, but I was not afraid of Lapu-lapu, although I did not dare to stop by his Shrine too.

Again, the reason was personal—I didn’t want to have that something to remember, that is, the past carnage that happened somewhere at the beach there. For me, there are a lot of other things to worry about and decipher, like our plane back to Iloilo which, like Tora-tora, was still using an exposed propeller.

At first, I thought I got lost in the human highway leading to the Be Resort Hotel in Engaño district and suspected I was brought instead in the land of the “Supreme Leader.” It was because what I saw were familiar faces of stoic Koreans all around the perimeter, they being the only race to beat the Americans in a battle by way of jungle warfare.

I was relieved only when I started to hear chirping Cebuano with their signature word “bye.” Whatever troubles would lie, I was sure I’d get by, with a little help from my friends nearby.  If one would just listen to the speaker intently, the first thing that would grip his heart is fear only. As it seemed that in all cases and in any which way, sheriffs will always be the “kontrabida” to either party.

When they dared me to spill out my opinion regarding the situation, I said sheriffs always get caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. However, it was clarified right away by a fella named Villanueva, the low-profile with a killer smile, the Honorable DCA, that in a case, those two could not co-exist definitely: there will be one devil or one deep blue sea only.

To avoid confusion, a sheriff must simply stick to the rules, which are like a pointed stick to the hard-headed fools. That’s why everyone in there was challenged to change the negative public perception toward sheriffs. Everybody was pricked to do what a sheriff must do as a public servant in a dispensation of justice, no buts, no ifs.
           
Somebody in there must do the job in silence or eloquence, with honor, with a conscience. For many times already, it has been proven that one man or woman can make a difference.

Just like a challenge to every Christian who, after receiving the Savior in his heart truly definitely, he would just keep the joy greedily to himself rather than do what suggested this melody: “Somebody has to tell the world about Jesus, somebody has to tell them He is the Way; Somebody has to share the love of Jesus, go and tell the people today.”

“Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere.” Go tell it either, that they who’d believe would also live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment