Friday, November 11, 2016

CONFESSION OF THE DISILLUSIONED



Frankly, my dear, I didn’t expect the winner would be Grumpy Trumpy, howbeit after that e-mail brouhaha and the mess about Benghazi I stopped my being a big fan of Pretty Hillary.  We will read and hear different thesis, analysis and synopsis from self-styled analysts so many, yet I believe presidents are installed by God even if my country suspected it was done by Garci.

But today, I’m so happy of The Donald’s triumph.  I will now try to forget his vaunted air and pomp.  This after I read it in an online news yesterday that he and our Digong Duterte are hitting it off.  If it’s true, then it’s good for the country even if America’s love is hard while ours is soft.

I could see employment opportunity, a bright future too, thus, I’m beginning to contemplate about resigning from my current job as it’s now my chance to go.  Yeah, “I can feel it! Shhyak!” as what Alice Dixson said of her shampoo, I can go now to the U.S. to seek greener pasture and a cup that would overflow.

I have the credentials, when MPWH built that bridge connecting the two barangays of Kirayan, I was one of their laborers too.  Therefore I could apply as construction worker anew when Trump starts building a giant wall in their boundary with Mexico.

Here, I’m starting to feel frustrated with almost anything and everything including Facebook and my writing down of my thoughts about love and hatred and war and peace.  Yes, I think sooner than everyone would expect, I’d be shutting down also myself, after all, I discovered there’s now someone who writes like me, and he’s a Supreme Court Justice.

Consider his judgment on Marcos’ burial national contention that I think would be judged from generation to generation.  Here, he was implying it’s not on Marcos’ wrongs but that “[he] should be viewed and judged in his totality as a person.

Moral lesson still:  if you steal, steal big, that you and your family can freely spend it the rest of your life and beyond.  That you can spend it too to ensure no conviction may come and your family remains powerful politicians of the land.

More so, the rule of law is useful only to those who have the power to enforce it, and if we commit a wrong, we would be viewed and judged in our totality as persons.  But I pity the poor for they’ve no real and personal properties and cash-on-hand or in-bank to total or to count on except the number of struggles and personal loans.

Yes, this is a confession: I’m truly disillusioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment