Wednesday, January 4, 2017

STAR LOVE



Something in me had joined in with the world in feeling the loss of Ms. Carrie Fisher, known as the tough-as-nail-but-smooth-as-silk-as-well ‘Princess Leia’ the world over.

Sorry, friends, but a child in me will always be a big fan of that George Lucas’ masterpiece too.  And my most favorite sub-plot of which is concerning her love team with the unkillable Han Solo.

To me, their tandem would be more exciting than that of Jack Dawson and Rose Dewitt Bukater, or even of Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara.  Therefore, I was tickled to the bone when I saw them back to each other again in ‘The Force Awakens,’ the seventh episode of the Star Wars saga.

It’s so romantic to see a young couple deeply in love yesterday for a moment, separated for a long period of time, and reunited in the end.  When they embraced each other, I would also feel freed longing they both suppressed then, with their sense of fear of losing each other again.

I think the sweetest love story ever known to mankind is the one that painstakingly endured the test of time.  Time is always the best barometer of one’s love for another, its genuineness glares be it in words or mime.

Of course, there are some loves we knew that sparked or started in so short a time and seemed to have gone perfect.  However, they come far and few in between as more often they were short-lived as if they have suffered “short-circuit.”

Yes, love’s time-measured, true love is patient, as I Corinthians 13:4 says.  The longer love goes the sweeter it grows, and glows in joy and peace.

And there’s only one kind of love apt to be called the greatest:  what else but the love of God that’s beyond time and space.

No comments:

Post a Comment