Sunday, January 8, 2017

MOMENT OF TRUTH


(Truthful memories on January 9, 2012 at 10:16am)

Moment of truth:  the time has come now for my worst nightmare since childhood. The one I would dread to happen, my life now’s about to change for good.

I consider this moment as one step closer to darkness. I’m confused actually if this is a sign of failure or success.  Failure, in a sense that something matter-of-factly failed in me.  Success, considering that people would’ve a wrong notion of evidence of “intelligence” prima facie.

Since childhood, I thought of every idea that could help me avoid this totally, yet self-abuse and the foolishness of youth connived with each other to help me forget it completely. No matter how “bagay” or fitting is the matter in my frame of mind, it’d still be more of a liability than an asset if its frame is not a good kind.

When playing ball, it’d affect the accuracy of my bullet pass to an open or cutting teammate, while at the same time would give whole new meaning to my blind pass which could make my whole team hate.

From now on I know I have to sharpen my mind to be always alert. For wherever I go, whatever I do, this should be right here with me, never to forget. Lest, others would discover I became a “snob” and know not them all anymore. Like the way I’d ignore danger signs and warnings in the land, air and the shore. Everytime I leave home without it when I irresponsibly forget, surely I’d be flirting with disaster if not toying with death.

Today’s the day I dread, friends, colleagues and bosses. As my bare eyes have failed me finally, I too would wear now my own eyeglasses.

(Sigh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment