Tuesday, December 6, 2016

WOMEN IN OUR LIVES


WOMEN IN OUR LIVES

[Memories on
December 7, 2012]
Today, I’m so thankful for those wonderful women in my life, past and present, because of what happened just recently. Were it not for them, I would have had lost respect for their species once again, most especially the ones from Antique. 

I couldn’t believe despite my iron reserve, acquired cynicism and resident paranoia for most of their ilk, I was made to dance to a desired tune and rhythm in that land by one if not the worst of them sans music.

Whew, I’m humbled, no, humiliated inside me, I never thought a woman could still have had me after the turn of the century. Well, I had my past experience of waiting in
Ali Mall for over six hours before deciding to abandon an appointment with an “Indian” lady.

But that had been felt like ages ago when a mobile phone could only be seen in a futuristic movie or science fiction. That experience taught me that when a woman says “early in the morning,” she actually meant
five o’clock in the afternoon.

I was fuming mad, not because I was stuck at a mountain for two days and one night thus losing some good sleep, but chiefly because I never had a chance to brush my teeth and could not find an adult diaper in lieu of a wet brief.

Imagine the damage? But in such situation, where you have limited options only, you have to show flexibility, you have to adapt the traditional male ingenuity.  And what else is that but to proceed to literal Plan B, like listening to a vinyl record or cassette tape player, after Side A finished all the music, flip it to Side B.

That ordeal would have never happened had I not let a woman became a party to a gentleman’s agreement.  Indeed, it’s so painful to find yourself, being a man, having been outsmarted by a woman at any moment. It felt like you’ve been swayed to bite one more time that apple convincingly, which result would be your banishment anew from the Garden for all eternity.

But you know in your life so far, such incredulous and a contumacious act of one, would just be a speck in a glossy white cartolina of those many great a woman.

A few contemptuous misdeeds of some in female species are still a far cry in the league of those lovely ladies your immortal heart never forgets. Like the ones you care and adore all your life from sunrise to sunset, and the other ones you still love to shower with flowers and chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment