Wednesday, December 28, 2016

I STARTED A JOKE

[Starting memories on December 28, 2011 at 1:56pm]

 I STARTED in high school singing this Bee Gees’ classic song, jamming inside the then cool and cozy residence of a still close buddy Pongpong. Never did I realize that life indeed would truly imitate art, as some stories in the song did copy-paste with it in whole or in part. No one’s to blame for the grime, life itself is a big joke sometimes.

To give variation to that Solomonic legacy, “Irony of ironies, all is irony.”

Life is truly wonderful as it’s faster than a speeding bullet, before your next blink you found yourself already in a rocking chair of regret. That is, if you don’t have the ability to think positive and appreciate things. Look around you, there’s so much to thank for, count your blessings. 

Today, my ex-girlfriend, who’s now my super spouse, and I are celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary in our house. It’s amazing we survived the so-called seven-year-itch plus four, considering the tumultuous years we’ve had experienced before.

How sweet it is to recall our history, when our fruitful union started in a joke only. Why?  She evaded me like a plague if not a fella with leprosy, but she ended up locked up for life when she allowed herself drawn to me. But some jokes became corny after the years of laugh and cry, and some were humorless like a storm that passes by. But it’s nice to find you’d survived after mulling those things over, be they were a raging typhoon or hurricane or a merciless twister.

I guess one of the keys in keeping on keeping on the marriage, is to recall your promise and the times you shared a cake or porridge. Humor is a must in a relationship to stabilize harmony, but never ever joke to your partner to wed him/her on Innocence Day. Otherwise, you’d find yourself forever laughing at your own joke, as you could not fix things when you’re the cause why it’s broke.

Today, here in my rocking chair I still savor the reality that we reached our 11th year together this easy. Looking back, in a diff’rent situation, I realize had I chose an eleven-year jail term over marriage I woulda been a free man today.

Thanks, Babe, I love you so. Wow, look at here, I’m stuck on you.

Single men and women, marriage is something you want to do, not the thing you have to do. Today is December 28, Happy Innocence day, from Aparri to Jolo, from
Maine to Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment