Wednesday, August 24, 2016

HELLO KITTY



I was nonchalantly strolling somewhere in the virtual world one late afternoon and temporarily ignoring friends and acquaintances along the way, for I was near exhaustion from the real dimension and just couldn’t think of the right things to say.

I just wanted to while away the hours to renew my strength siphoned by the day’s pressure and its nitty-gritty, when my eyes suddenly caught the sight of an old familiar figure, shining like gold in exceeding great beauty yet the shadow of her simplicity was still glaring: a doll Hello Kitty.

I didn’t know what I felt in that instant, unsure whether it was a mix of or just it was plain excitement or fear or shame, for it took me a couple of minutes to regain composure as if I’ve been jolted after a night’s bad dream.

I picked her up though, and feasted my eyes on every part of that once my most beloved doll. I held her softly with instinctive tenderness as I recalled my first attraction on her so fatal (don’t get me wrong, I’m still a he and as ever will always be, I just didn’t know exactly why I came to love this doll wholeheartedly).

My Hello Kitty was a gift from a friend, one of my heavenly life’s best friends. Then, when I was playing this doll, I always felt ashamed, not for the reason that I am a guy, but because I was convinced I didn’t deserve her even to touch her eyes.

But as little time went by, I overcame such shame that was later replaced by pride. And I could sense subsequently those other guys’ blazing eyes green with envy. And from that point, I went out the house no more without parading Hello Kitty.

But as some things were not meant to be, the doll was taken away. I lost too that self-confidence I learned to build through playing with that little big dolly. I tried so many other dolls and toys of different variety, but nothing would even come close to my favorite Hello Kitty.

When my playing days were over I faced life thereafter with no more toys to play as I found myself having a girl already and two boys who’d bray. Now that the past had caught up with me surprisingly I continued my cursory inspection of that just newly found doll that might have had lost her way.

The same features were present, the same reflection that needed not be preened. The same silky skin, the same Helenic face that could launch a thousand submarines.

As I looked around while still holding the doll in great confusion, a smiling dashing gentleman came over and pointed a finger to Hello Kitty’s direction. I was still dazed as I handed the expressionless little big doll to him reluctantly. It wasn’t my old dolly that I found that day, yet, I smiled when I realized suddenly, that just the same, it was Hello Kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment