Thursday, October 27, 2016

IT’S NOT THE RACE


I don’t want a King Arthur, neither anyone from the round table, as I need Merlin, or any sage for that matter, quick!  Or anyone to enlighten me as regards the favorite speech of the President who is always unfathomably enigmatic.

Kindly correct me if I heard it wrong please, but he wanted this country to get rid of the Americans and replace them all with the Chinese.  If that was what he meant of “Independent Foreign Policy,” I’d only pray we’d get genuine independence and not China’s fake responses.

Upon hearing it, I imagined Xi Jinping revealing to his subordinates who’s Duterte for the Chinese the way American President Roosevelt described Tacho Somoza to the U.S. in FDR’’s unguarded speech.  Well, I have so many Christian friends, thus, so as not to offend them even if I would be quoting Roosevelt verbatim, let me use some homonym:  “[He] may be a son of the beach, but he’s our son of the beach.”

When Digong said he would prefer China over America because the former did not invade any country, or never been called colonizer, I simply did frown.  However, I give Digong full benefit of the doubt about his real honest reasons, although it’s a fact that throughout the world, in every city, there is a Chinatown.

In fact more, we peace-loving, fake-hating, Ilonggos need not look far anymore.  Here in our city, the Chinese are wantonly lording over us, to say it with frightful candor.  I’d say this to you with confidence and reassurance that I have yet to encounter upclose and personal any ill-mannered American.  On the other hand, since I learned to buy anything in the city from my youth up, I’d often meet a Chinese seller who’s so arrogant.

Buy in Iznart and try to implore a Chinese daughter or son to tell their dad and mom you’d ask for a discount and they would shake their heads and yell at the kids back with Chinese rant.  Sometimes, when I ran out of patience then, I was almost tempted to forget that I am a Christian so that I could gurgle my Kinaray-a and growled at them, “Daw Insik kamo ti batasan” (well, if you find Kinaray-a harder, its dramatic translation is here:  “You’re all like a mahjong there, because of your Chinese character!”).

But of course, at any time, we are not supposed to generalize any country or any race.  Only a bigot or a retard does it, someone, who, in a civil world, deserves no place.  As what Liverpudlian Paul McCartney and boy wonder Stevie Wonder had once sung:  “We all know that people are the same wherever we go, there is good and bad in ev’ryone…”

Even among Israel, the most blessed Jewish race, which we acknowledged to be God’s chosen people.  Not every one of them put their faith in Him although since the beginning of time He’s given them all.

Yes, the faith, which is the only equalizer among Jews and non-Jews alike when it comes to God’s righteousness’ and His love’s availment.  For it is written “many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 8:11 KJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment