Monday, February 18, 2019

I'M MAD


I’m so mad. And I feel bad. Well, as they always love to say, it simply goes with the territory, susceptibility to all kinds of complaint, accusation and attack is one of the “major, major” problems with my job. Even if those are malicious or fabricated charges, even if they are a desperate mind’s product, I expect them anytime to come my way: a kick, a slap, a straight, a hook, a jab.
Of course, more often than not, the idea of diverting the issue and the heart of the matter away from the court, and turn the barrel on you that they may fire at will comes from a lawyer, the so-called officer of the court. Of course, a lawyer must have someone to blame for his own blunder and fiasco, someone as sacrificial goat since he doesn’t stand a chance, as shown by laws and jurisprudence, facts and evidence of any sort. He must continuously, unstoppably earn “pogi points” before the eyes of his clients at your expense because he cannot afford to commit sin. For he has a reputation to maintain, he must preserve his identity as top-notch counsel with an unblemished record: unblemished by a win.
This exactly what has just happened when a group of lawyers filed an initial pleading just recently before the court of law which, if it finds my explanation bereft of merit, contempt and, heaven forbid, cold bars of jail would gladly await me. With that, I’m tempted to ask, “Is this my chance to be featured in YouTube finally?” If I’d be sent to Cebu penal colony, I’d be among the inmates to re-dance “Thriller” for re-uploading, for another series of “Likes” from a great too many.
Well again, this is the usual problem with the Big City’s big-time solicitors whose among their well-connected clients is entity of incorporators because they are already used to soliciting an exorbitant acceptance fee, for appetizer, and a lewd amount for the main course. Being Metro-based where houses of power reside and where they would love a show of force, they thought civil servants in the provinces are literally “The Expendables,” forgetting that the film stars someone also known as Rambo and Rocky Balboa, the Italian Horse.
Whew, had they done this to me during the period way before my personal encounter with the Blinding Light in the way to Damascus, they might experience the literal Lake of Fire at the first opportunity even if they belong to The Firm because at the time I had a direct line with Zeus. But today I do all things decently and in order, of course. Thus, I let all business now take its ordinary course.
I already got rid of myself with murderous rage, I now believe in what Paul had said that I wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against a power (Eph. 6:12). Therefore I can’t wait to take the hot seat of a witness stand, where, if ever I would be grilled by them themselves, I’ve to make sure after each reply I’ll add, “Final Answer!”
If you’re sure you’re not guilty, you’re itching for a face-off with your accuser in sickness and in health. But if not, you’ve to evade, avoid and shun them by all means for the sake of your hidden wealth. As for me, I must redeem myself from their spurious and injurious choice of words wantonly and deliberately registered before the court. I must tackle them by the horn be it in the high court, people’s court, kangaroo court, even in my favorite forum: basketball court.
I don’t mind if those batteries of lawyers, whose minds seem to be “lobat” to procedures, have the world’s compilation of legal gobbledygook. They’re nothing compared to that which is “quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword,” that’s known sometimes as The Book. I’m ready even if this fight between me, me and me against the world be fought inside a phone booth. “Good Luck,” gentlemen, damn your torpedoes, they must be ready vis-à-vis my lethal weapon:
The truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment