Friday, June 21, 2019

REMEMBERING JUNE 19

June 21, 2012

For the first time in my life I’ve had experienced this animal called “tonsillitis” which turned me “lo-bat” from Friday till June 19 Tuesday. My incessant apologies to friends and loved ones who had suffered from which then but I’d no idea really how did it feel thus I couldn’t even feign empathy.

Some proverb may be right as ever: “Better late than never.”



But what contributed greatly to my recovery was knowing of that day and remembering the birthday, on the same day, of the two people so dear to me. 

One of them is my old man, the cornerstone of our own home, to whom I’m always grateful, the patriarch of the family, the big boss, our then sole provider. He it is who, for a long time, preached and practiced self-reliance, total independence from domestic and foreign aid during inflation times, a preferred loner.



He had his own way of raising a family, and judging from the way things had turned out, some ends justify the means sometimes anyway.

The second celebrator is perhaps the greatest girl I’ve ever loved because I literally and figuratively moved heaven and earth just to win her love, but sad to say the universe did not conspire to help me reach my goal of victory, and that love sank into oblivion like a Skylab. 


It was only in her that I nearly or might have committed idolatry considering that I made her on top of all my heart, thoughts and priorities way beyond and above, and have not only adored her in spirit and in troth, but worshipped her in soul and in fact, with the best of that love.


That’s why I hated Math too much because of its more-than-less-than thing and complicated theories which are not exactly accurate as what people think. It’s principle about reciprocal in real life doesn’t always end up one, thus, not equal, and you can’t understand till you see a shrink.



But out of that sad episode where I came to know and prove that pride sometimes could be bigger than any love is a bitter lesson that I had learned. Good thing I have learned too to move on and had managed to proceed to the next chapters of my life and get by with a little help from my friends.


Belated happy birthday to Tatay and to You-know-who-are-you. In a Philial world of the believers, I have never stopped loving you…


No comments:

Post a Comment