Wednesday, September 28, 2016

HAIR TODAY AND GONE TOMORROW


I think some bygones have not easily gone by.

Like the typhoon “Pedring,” my long hair was finally gone, thus, to it, I’d now say goodbye.

But I still long for my long hair.

No thanks to an official directive, id est, OCA Circular No. 122-2011, with matching photo annexes of prohibited style and hair length.

Yet, that’s democracy, you could not insist on your right to fashion, though your soul’s adherence to democracy itself is always filled with burning passion.

Well, as a law-abiding, lowly subordinate, no choice is left there to take but to follow and swallow though your principles would break.

Who could question the wisdom of the higher-ups? I just assume what matters to them is not an inside beauty but a facade with a make-up.

It was not unkempt for I cared so much for my long hair. Had they given it a few more months, it would’ve reached past my shoulders. It was shampooed with a leading brand, and aloe vera and cocomilk were religiously applied on each strand.

I had already a dozen pussycats to make it firm in the morning, and an imported brush and a fine-tooth comb for hair massage in the evening. 

A shoulder-length hair would have made my goal and desire perfect. That is, to hear the people around me say like in the 80’s, “Gee, your hair smells terrific.” 

Or to try to be cute again and recall a then famous shampoo commercial to reenact. Like the ultra beautiful Alice Dixson, wiggling shoulders, and seductively say, “I can feel it, shyak!”

However, I realized too that biblical principles eschew long hair for men. For even Paul the Apostle admonished the Corinthians: “Doth not even nature itself teach you that, if a man [has] long hair, it is a shame unto him?” (I Cor. 11:14)

So, to my so long hair, I say so long. Maybe see you in my retirement which may be coming soon.

For next attraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment